Tuesday 16 August 2016

Narcissist?

Pull me left, now pull me right
When am I to leave your sight?
I can't, tensed, ready for flight
How is your bark  worse than your bite?

Words to strip a man apart
The worst pain never leaves a mark
Teeth, nails, fists and feet
Can't compare with when you speak
How can it come from one so loved
It's my fault, the one that pushed and shoved

Made you slip inside yourself
Can't take back the way I made you felt
Everything since makes it worse and worse
You love to see me mad and curse
Don't see the hurt that you cause
No let up, no white flag, no pause

Getting tired of the same guilt-facts
Sick of going round this empty track
Watch someone squirm, it boosts your ego
Keep them down, make sure they feel low
People do get tired of this shit
It's no one's job to help you piss.

You can dress up, try looking healthy and fit
But the poison is oozing, we all see it drip
Forming a pool of puss at your feet
The place you demanded I take my seat
Good luck, goodbye, my time is done
Free of the cold, we'll all enjoy sun

There are other things in life to focus on
Bonding with family, let them know they belong
Actions can be cruel and full of vindiction 
Needless wars waged with gusto, conviction
Put it to bed, put it to rest
Think outside yourself, look at what's best

Saying one thing meaning another
First raging, then speaking, now beginning to blubber
Forgetting up from down when it suits
Thinking your clever, having everyone duped
Owning your toy, pulling it's strings
Teaching the songs you want it to sing

Half-forgotten, that kindness, that smile
Personality stored as a memory file
To pull the one to fit for each situation
Can't you see the other living in frustration?
Don't answer his questions. He doesn't want to know
Feelings and emotions will you leave them alone?

Pull me left now pull me right
Running me around till I have a stitch
Obvious, the reason you always look to fight
Narcissist? Naw, she just a crazy bitch!

Balor O'Brien

No comments: